Monday, May 22, 2006

Clay Aiken to Appear at American Idol Finale

Katharine and Taylor Battle for the 'Idol' Title

May 22, 2006

The moment of truth is almost at hand. On Tuesday night, KATHARINE McPHEE and TAYLOR HICKS will compete -- each singing three songs -- in the last round of performances to determine who will be the next "American Idol" -- and CLAY AIKEN and CARRIE UNDERWOOD will be on hand for the crowning moment!

A lot of celebrities will also be in the audience, including TERI HATCHER, DAVID BOREANAZ, JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT, EMILY DESCHANEL, MIMI ROGERS, CAMRYN MANHEIM, BRIAN WILSON, ADRIAN GRENIER and SHANNON ELIZABETH.

But first, PEISHA and DAN McPHEE and BRAD and LINDA HICKS, Katharine's mother and father and Taylor's dad and stepmom, will visit the ET set to give our viewers the inside scoop on how their kids are faring, how their lives have changed since the competition began and what they were like growing up.

"I got a quick call from Katharine," Dan tells ET's JANN CARL. "She said Taylor and she have been spending a lot more time together, obviously, this last week since they are the Final 2 and they are becoming so much closer. They have come to be the best of friends, and they are looking out for each other. It is a great thing."

Dan also shared when he was asked to reveal something about his daughter that only her family knows: "Katharine makes funny voices. She does three or four cartoon voices that are just brilliant. I can't even tell you what they are. She has these funny, quirky little things she really hasn't had an opportunity to reveal to the world, that she is more zany than she may appear."

"Someone asked me about Taylor's dance moves," Ben volunteers. "I said, 'Actually he looked like he did when he was eight years old and doing his movements.' He was always playing sports, catching and running, so he was always in constant movement. You still see that on stage."

In addition, ET also spoke with both of the Top 2 to get their reactions to their competitor!

"Katharine has amazing vocal runs," Taylor admits. "She has had some great moments on the show. She is a very talented girl. I wish the best for her and I can't wait to hear her album."

Katharine also has kind words for her competition. "I think Taylor is just free on stage," she says. "I get nervous a lot of times. I clench up. I can't be as spontaneous. We are both so different. It is just going to depend on what America wants."

Win or lose, both "Idol" hopefuls already are safe in the knowledge that they have a record deal.

"Of course, you want to win," Katharine admits. "I would love to win. Still, look at Clay Aiken. He has done well for himself and he didn't win. I don't know if it really matters when you are in the Top 2. [Taylor and I] looked at each other and said, 'It doesn't matter.' We are going to be able to do things we couldn't do otherwise."

As for Taylor, one of the things he is most looking forward to is riding the "American Idol" bus during the tour.

"As a struggling musician before 'American Idol,' I would always be on the road traveling at night from place to place," he explains. "I would always see buses on the road in Alabama going to their next destination. I would always dream about being on one, and now I have the opportunity."

Also as part of the finals, the other 10 members of the Final 12 will join Katharine and Taylor onstage.

For all your "Idol" updates, tune in to ET!



I noticed one my fellow bloggers has a great video of Clay during a Jaded Journalist interview. Very funny stuff.
TechnoGeekGirl's site
Great video of Clay singing Solitaire on American Idol 3
Something That Really Happened

Technorati tags: , , ,

posted by Arquen_Mahtala at 5:28 PM

1 Comments:

Damn - that guy is soooooo cute! And he sings good too! I lurve him.
Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan, at 10:44 AM  

Add a comment