Wednesday, May 10, 2006

...pray for daylight.

Movie night continues and apparently I am still in the mood for a violent, bloody film. Weird, scary movies freak me out but somehow I am drawn to them. But as always watching through my fingers. EEP! I plan on watching Pride & Prejudice afterwards to try to reclaim a balance, since I managed to squeeze Reservoir Dogs in last night. Poor Marvin. I have probably watched the movie 10 times and still refuse to look during the ear scene. Shiver. Great soundtrack.

Back to the scary movie at hand. I picked up the DVD Near Dark. Really cool vampire film. I watched it years ago and had kind of forgot about. I have to say, it never did get the exposure it deserved.

It was the last movie produced and released by DEG (DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group) while the studio was going bankrupt. It didn't get much publicity and was a disappointment at the box office. The film also ran into competition with the Lost Boys which was also released in 1987. If you were a teen in 1987 you probably loved this movie. You remember.......

It had this hot guy....



and this other hot guy


and these two...well...guys.



Come on, admit it you had your Tigerbeat with the fold out posters of these guys and sadly probably not the first two.

Well going to grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy the show. It should be a bloody good romp.

Quick synopsis: Innocent country boy Caleb Colton (Adrian Pasdar) is seduced by a beautiful girl (Jenny Wright) into joining a group of drifters lead by Jesse (Lance Henriksen) which turn out to be a gang of vampires. The violence can be over the top but plays well.

Near Dark Trailer


Starring:
Adrian Pasdar
Jenny Wright
Lance Henriksen
Bill Paxton
Jenette Goldstien
Directed by: Kathryn Bigelow
posted by Arquen_Mahtala at 7:42 PM

2 Comments:

Very cool!

Oh and your links from meerkat chitchat to the one before sunny days all have double http tags so they keep taking me to Microsoft. That is kinda strange.
Blogger Ressa (ressamac on Twitter), at 11:04 PM  
Thanks for the heads up. Corrected the code.
Blogger Arquen_Mahtala, at 11:19 PM  

Add a comment