Monday, May 29, 2006

Hobbies Part 1

I like Clay Aiken. As if you couldn't tell from the content of this blog. At first I considered it a hobby but looking back on the last three years of participation in this thing we call a fandom, I realize it is so much more than that.

Since getting on line and connected I have learned so much that most likely would have never crossed my mind. Like photography. I went to my first Clay Aiken concert with a dinky little disposable camera. It didn't do much. I have the pictures to prove it. The next concert I went to I dug out an old manual Canon my dad bought me. I did better with that camera, but not much. When Clay made the decision to allow cameras and video recording at his concerts I decided to get a digital.

What I didn't realize at the time was how much I would enjoy photography. Initially I was just trying to snag a decent photo of Clay in concert. I now find myself squirreling away banked hours at work to plan little photography excursions. Nothing fancy just an afternoon here and there at a National Park or even a local greenhouse. What started off as continuation of being a fan has turned into somewhat of a passion.

Some flower photos taken a couple of weeks ago.




These were taken at Colasanti's Tropical Gardens. Fantastic assortment of flowers and they have the best damn doughnuts you can find in Southern Ontario.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

posted by Arquen_Mahtala at 10:07 PM

4 Comments:

WOW!!! Just...WOW!!! Those flower photos are just amazing. The colors in the top 2 are so vibrant they practically leap off the page!!!

I especially loved the way the flowers go out of the frames of the pictures. That adds a lot of extra intrigue to the shots, I think.

I am another person who has enjoyed learning digital photography since becoming a Clay fan. I haven't tried any macro photography so far, but this makes me anxious to try it.

Thanks so much for sharing those wonderful photos. And thanks for the inspiration!!
Blogger Peggy Walker, at 4:07 AM  
Hello from a fellow Clay fan in New Zealand.

WOW - did you really take those photos? I work at an art print publishing/distribution warehouse, and I can honestly say that those are way better than most of the prints in our catalogues. Awesome work!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 AM  
Your photos are just beatiful. I'm glad you took up photography and decided to share it with us.
Blogger clarity625, at 9:33 AM  
Those photographs are incredible! I especially love the third one - it looks like you could just reach out and touch the petals.

Gorgeous!
Blogger Amanda, at 11:51 AM  

Add a comment